Thursday, August 17, 2023

Let the writing begins.

Wednesday 16th August 2023. 19:00

Hello there. I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. So, WELCOME to my blog and I really hope you enjoy it! 


INTRODUCING MYSELF

Honestly, I am not used to writing, but I think I may be a good writer. Anyways, I will try my best for you to fully understand everything that I will tell you about. Here, in my blog, I will write about all the topics I like the most. 💗😏I think it is great that we can write about what we like because I feel that when we are asked to write about a specific topic that is mandatory, the words do not come easily to our minds nor do we find the inspiration, so writing about our interests is much better and funnier. In my case, throughout this semester, I will tell you more about myself (personal experiences like funny, sad, or painful moments I have lived 😖) and I will talk about my favorite music, movies, books, and podcasts. I will also tell you about other topics that I am interested in such as technology, economy, education, health, medicine, history, foreign languages, etc. Since it is possible to share pictures and videos, I will also share with you some of the pictures and videos I like. 🙈 I promise you that with me you will have fun and you will like to read my publications or at least I hope so. hahaha 😂

First of all, let me introduce myself. I know that maybe most of you already know me, but I will tell you more about myself. Well, my name is Iliana Ivette Rauda Hernández. Wait!. Before giving you more details, let me tell you something funny (I do not know if it is funny or sometimes it is a little awkward😂) about the spelling of my name. Most of the time, people misspell my name because they are not quite sure how to write it when I say it. Most of them will spell my first name like this: Ileana or Liliana and my second one: Iveth or Ibeth. It does not bother me how they spell it, but sometimes it can be sort of complicated, for example, when I have to get some important documents (that is why I always make sure that my name is spelled correctly). So, do not call me Liliana. Just kidding!. 😂 Leave a comment if something similar happens to you. 

Concerning my family, I have two siblings. I have a brother who is older than me. He is studying at the University of El Salvador in the Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy. I also have a sister who is younger than me. Although I am older than her, people tell me that I am the youngest in my family because I look younger for my age. In fact, people do not believe that I am 23 years old. They say I am eighteen or nineteen years old. (Should I worry about it or should I feel blessed for eternal youth? 😂) For example, when I go alone to the hospital, doctors ask me If I came with my mom or dad, but I tell them "no, I am already an adult." hahahah 😅 It is sort of funny though. 

Besides that, I live in Cojutepeque (La Ciudad de los Chorizos) which is a really well-known city in Cuscatlán because of its chorizos and the sanctuary of Fatima´s Virgin. So, I truly recommend you to visit my city. I am really sure you will love it. Now, let me tell you more about this popular sanctuary. Here you have a pic of it. 

 

It is a religious place dedicated to the Fátima´s virgin, where devotees make pilgrimages or prayers for the intersection of a miracle or because they want to thank her for something they receive from God (I'll show you a wall full of thanks for her intersection). Many people come to this place, especially, on the 13th of May, which is the date when catholic devotees celebrate the appearance of the Virgin in Fátima, Portugal. 



Thursday 17th August 2023. 20:00 

If you are not a religious person, you can still visit this beautiful place. I will mention other activities you can do in the Cerro de las Pavas. For example, you can appreciate the stunning view of Ilopango Lake from there (Yes, I will add some pics later), you can eat typical sweets, you can go to the restaurant "El Soñador", you can go hiking, or you can just spend some time in the middle of the nature, enjoying the view and the chilly weather. (It sounds great, doesn´t it?) In my case, me and my family usually go to this place on weekends. We really enjoy spending time together there. I hope you can visit it someday as well. (If you visit this place, do not forget to buy a souvenir). 😌💗




After this short advertisement, I will tell you more about myself. As you already know I am studying in the foreign language department at the University of El Salvador. I am really proud of myself because I am going to finish my college studies really soon (I am really sure that you are proud of yourself as well, you should be). It has been absolutely difficult to get to this point in the major, but I have enjoyed this journey. It has been a great experience because I got to know many amazing people there. I have met good friends, teachers, and classmates. Besides learning languages, I have other interests like listening to music and podcasts. I usually listen to alternative rock, pop, and electronic music. 🎵 My favorite songs are In the End, Lost, With You, and others. Let me tell you some of the podcasts I usually listen to: "Les pieds sur terre", "Transfert" "Émotions", "BBC News", "Nature", "The Moth", etc. My favorite podcasts are ones about real-life stories. I love listening to the life experiences of strangers. I consider it a good way to understand people better because it really helps you to see and experience life from a different perspective. Through these stories, you can realize how different life can be depending on your social background, location, religion, or beliefs, so I recommend you to listen to the podcasts I just mentioned above. I am really sure that you will enjoy them as much as I do. 💖😎

Friday 18th August 2023. 8:00

In addition to that, I use social media almost every day (okay, yes, you caught me, I actually use them every day). My favorite one is Facebook because I love watching videos and posts on interesting pages like TV5monde, Ecorevolución, Nation, National Geographic, etc. After that, I use WhatsApp where I receive tons of messages (yes, from our university groups, the only ones I receive every day 😢), but I still like it a lot because it is really easy and fast to send messages, videos, images or documents. I have a Twitter account too but rarely do I use it. I even think I already forgot the email and the password. The last social media but not the least important is YouTube which I love a lot. You can literally learn whatever thing you want by watching amazing videos other people have created. The amount of information that we can find on the Internet and how easy it is to access it is amazing.

I try to practice foreign languages on a daily basis since I consider I need to improve as much as possible, so whenever I use social media I make sure I use it in English or in French. I seldom listen to music, read books, or watch videos in Spanish. If I want to learn something new or look for some information on the Internet, I do it in a foreign language. Being able to understand and speak three languages is already a huge advantage we have (don´t you think?) because we have the ability to immerse ourselves in a new culture, meet new people, read research that is not available in our native tongue, and many other advantages, so feel proud of yourself!!. 

That was a little bit of myself. I hope that now you get to know me a little bit more. Sure, I will tell you more about myself later because I have so many things to share with you. 😊
Well, I really hope you enjoyed reading my post. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself understood or if I forgot some details. I promise I will improve my writing for you to understand everything.  





 



 



6 comments:

  1. Navigating in your personal journal has been one of the 7 wonders of the world.🎠💒
    I immersed myself in your world, it's wonderful. You are one of my favorite people I declare that your dreams are already real.💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to read your blog, Iliana! Hope to read more from you. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I identify myself with you, people confuse my name "Merari" because it is uncommon and "Stephanie" because there are many ways to write it 🤭.

    Regarding "el Cerro de las pavas", I went some time ago, but those pictures make me want to go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your blog, Iliana!😊 (I have to admit that one time the self- correcting of my phone wrote your name as "Ileana" hahaha 😆 but it was a mistake 😅)
    You made me smile more than two times! After reading your blog I can say that you would be a great writer if you want! 😀
    Waiting to read your next blog! 👉👈

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it's incredible to see that you are into a lot things, and that you have a lot thing to share as well:) I will be waiting for the pictures and videos that you mencionned because i know that they will be very interesting:) P.S. I'm gonna take a look at some one the podcasts that you mencionned, thanks for sharing a little bit of your personal world:)

    ReplyDelete

Storytelling festival.

 TUESDAY 28TH NOVEMBER 2023 20:00 Hello there! I am a little bit sad because this is the last blog that I will publish and the last activity...